Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

SSDS Challenge Day


Well, today's challenge calls for Buttons, Bows and Bling! I made this card for a girlfriend who is having her Relay for Life today.
I know she'll get lots of cards with the Breast Cancer ribbon on it, so I decided to use something a little different. Naturally. That's just how my mind works I guess!
I'm now a survivor too, so I'm going to join in for a little bit of the celebration part.
I have to make another card today to take to another friend who is dying of cancer. He called this week, and just needed to chat a bit I think, so we decided to make the trip to visit. The weather is supposed to cooperate with us and be nice.
We have so much to do around here, things we put off most of this winter, and then with the past few weeks I just couldn't get it done, but time is running out. We have to have a garage sale and get rid of some stuff (all kinds of stuff) before we have visitors in late May. My guest room/craft room is undergoing a big change to make accommodations - most of the furniture is going and new bookcases and things are coming in to free up clutter and (aghast!) maybe make organization a little better! But this visit this weekend is extremely important too.
Hope you all have a wonderful day today - and that you join in the challenge! It's not difficult, it's just the basics!!

6 comments:

Holly Young said...

Very cute, and I like the color change!

Angie Cortes said...

Super Cute Terri! Love the stars and ribbon...I am sure she will LOVE it! :-)

Stef H said...

super card! love the star buttons!

Janiel/ janny said...

cute!! great use of the buttons!!

Just stopping by to thank you for signing up for my candy! GOOD LUCK!!
hugs, Janiel

valen said...

Love your card! Sure she will like it to.

Mina said...

fabulous cause and the perfect sentiment too
Mina xxx