Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Non-response to the "awards"

I felt I should mention here that I don't respond (or hardly ever) to those "awards" that are making the rounds.

I have recently received several of them (thank you all so much for thinking of me) but I have also visited so many, many blogs that never seem to get them, and these are wonderful blogs I'm talking about - with tons and tons of followers.
So I just don't understand it and have decided not to participate. I thought at first I may not have seen the "award" and so I've gone back through old blog posts (a couple years worth actually) on many of blogs that I follow, and have never seen such awards on their blogs. Now - it could be they have decided not to participate either, but I never saw a posting about it whatsoever. So now I'm wondering how those excellent blogger/crafters have been missed by so many who promote these "awards".
Something just isn't right.

So,... I hope no one is offended, but I just don't want to play along.

I love it when someone puts on their blog that they follow me and give a link back to my blog, and say that they like my blog, and then they contact me and say so .... I just don't see the need for these awards.

So to all those people who's blogs I would have listed, consider yourself awarded! If I follow your blog, it's because I want to. Not for the blog candy, not to steal your ideas (although sometimes I do minic as best I can!) but I follow because I find your blogs witty, entertaining, informative, inspiring, (add whatever adjective you want here!) it's because I LIKE IT.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Awe I think that's alot nicer to follow and I agree I look at my dashboard and comment when I can and when I'm in awe of something things I've seen ... and who can resist the yummy recipes peeps put up. I've recieved a couple but I also break chain mail lol but I am thankful to be thought of at least :)

Crafty Geek said...

Well said!! I feel the same way. I follow because I like to follow!

Happy Craftin'!
Janice

Terri said...

Terri, I have never thought of it like this before and I like how you think!! I want to personally thank you for following Two Pink Peas because you want to and not because you have to. That is so awesome and I really like it! When I get blog awards I always do my very best to give the awards to newer blogs who would normally not get one. Anyhow, I like your thinking on this. Have a great night! Terri of Two Pink Peas www.twopinkpeas.blogspot.com