Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2009

SSDS Challenge

Here's my image for the sketch challenge this week, and I've used a cute image from Heather's Fresh Brewed Designs.


I'm not into coffee, but doesn't this look like a great idea to sit back after the HUGE Thanksgiving dinner we all have, to have a nice warm drink and some simple dessert? Love it!


My family are all on a kick to lose some weight, and make an attempt at getting a little healthier this year, so I don't think this will be on our list this Thanksgiving. I do intend to cut WAAY back on items on the menu! And we also have an annual Christmas party in early December, and usually I have a fully loaded table, counter, and stovetop covered with food items, but this time there will be much leaner party fare! I think I need to forwarn people in my invite. What do you think? Should I tell them, or just wait and see? It's an open house thing, so that's partly why so much food usually, but I absolutely am cutting out some of the food items I don't or cannot eat any more.


Well, enough chatting. You need to head over to the blog and check the sketch out, and then get busy and get a card made! We have wonderful prizes and it's not so crowded, so the chances of winning is much higher than at some other challenges! Come join in!

4 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Terri, this card is so sweet! I love the papers and sentiment is perfect (and so funny) with the image.

We have changed up our thanksgiving here to due to the kids allergies. We have milk, eggs and nut allergies and that means... we cant eat anything, lol!!! Just from knocking the cheese and milk alone I lost weight and everyone seems healthier. We do not even miss my delicious 5 cheese mac and cheese. (well, maybe a little ... it is SOOO GOOD!!!) lol! Instead of eggs in cake you can use a diet sprite. I heard that is an old weight watchers trick! I know you will still enjoy your Thanksgiving and possible have even more fun. I know that in the past we ate until we hurt. Maybe this year we will be able to play and do things instead of crashing miserably to the couch! :)

Have a wonderful day Terri

Heather Dennis
Fresh Brewed Designs

Lisa said...

great job on the card, it's so hard to eat good over the holidays when there is sooo much temptation

Angie Cortes said...

Great card! I too am trying to lose weight but that may be a lost cause until after the holidays LOL! I am not good at resisting temptation!

Payne Holler Cards said...

cute card! love that sentiment! I should be trying to eat healthy and will ...after the first of the year heeeeheeee...so I LUV the cupcake...droolin here :)))