Pages

Friday, April 21, 2017

Wow. Day 5 is here and it's rather sad.

Today is the final day of my time with Unity.  A little sad but it certainly was fun! 

I decided to go ahead and make this card today as I had need of one sadly, but also because this is the type card everyone needs sometimes.  And I think it's sort of fitting with my final day also.  

I love using these dies and this is a sentiment (not the stamp, as I didn't get that until later) that the boys and I used in a frame at my husband's funeral.  I find myself using it for sympathy cards a lot.

I find using this is a good thing especially for when the card is going to a man.  They aren't into the flowers and such so much, ya know.  

Please leave a comment if you'd like to be entered to win a grab bag of goodies from Unity.  I will draw a winner either late tonight or early tomorrow.  I wish each visitor the best of luck in that drawing.   And to sweeten the pot just a little, I intend to pick a number 2 winner to get a little padded envelope of goodies from me also.  Surprise!

Have a wonderful day everyone and thanks again to enriching me by commenting and visiting and bringing more joy back into my crafting world.


18 comments:

Melinda Feliciano said...

I love that sentiment

Melinda Feliciano said...

I love that sweet sentiment.

Wilma said...

saying goodbye is bittersweet.....good experience doing it, but sad to see it end...perhaps you will be back!!!

windycindy said...

Good Morning, I can identify with your
loss... I lost my mom and brother, 4
months apart, in 2000. Lost my dad in
2014, at the age of 96. Then, my sister
one year ago. Your sympathy card is very
nice and appropriate. It is so hard to lose
our loved ones. A new happy spot is
getting my first grandchild, a boy, who is
7 months old!!!!! I have enjoyed this week
with you and have a fabulous Friday.
Cindi

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Cindi, I'm so sorry for your losses but overjoyed to hear about the new grandbaby! Like you, I now how grandkids who keep me going! I had a granddaughter before my husband passed, but now there are 3 more!!

Dorothy Green said...

I love Winnie the Pooh and I love that sentiment! I am sorry that you have the occasion t make so many sympathy cards , but you do make nice ones! Thanks so much for sharing this week Terri! I am glad you changed your blog name...You succeed in making cards!

Denise S. said...

I have not seen that sentiment, but I love it. It is certainly something we all need to keep in mind.

Tammy P. said...

Such a lovely sentiment and perfect for a sympathy card for someone well loved. I'm going to have to get that stamp. Thank you so much for sharing your cards and your life with us this week. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work and learning more about you through your future blog posts.

Alyson Esposito said...

I love this sentiment. I am a huge Winnie the Pooh fan. I will have to look for this, I have not seen it before. Great job this week.

Alyson Esposito said...

Love the Winnie the Pooh Quote. Great job this week.

sharon g said...

Gosh, that is sad. But I like the simplicity of it. I don't like to make fussy cards for sympathy cards. It seems frivolous for some reason.

Niece said...

That sentiment was a good choice for your last day. You make a good point about using it for a guy. It would be good for a masculine card. I have enjoyed your week. Good luck with your kitchen.

Martha said...

Loved checking out your card's this week... gave me some wonderful ideas... thanks!

Valerie said...

I am so for the need for this type of card but it is a great one! Thank you for showing your creativity this week! It's been fun to see what you make!

Maia Ink by Anya Lynet said...

Beautiful quote and card!

Janis said...

I am battling a nasty cold right now, so have missed a few days. Trying to catch up this evening.

What a lovely and heartfelt card. That sentiment is just perfect. Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations with us this week, Terri!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Robin Coxon said...

I love Winnie the Pooh but I would never have thought to use one of his remarks on a sympathy card, but it works. Thanks for sharing your card with us. Keep on making your creative cards. Robin(at)robeader53(at)yahoo(dot)com

Ava Gavloski said...

great card, love the color combinations