Pages

Thursday, April 20, 2017

All ready for day 4 in my Unity week

Well, I've been using a lot of the girls for my cards, and of course they are special.  But I think that tomorrow I'll try something entirely different.  We'll see. 

This is another card I've made for a special friend who sadly lost  her  hair due to Chemo, and I wanted to cheer her up a little by reminding her how lovely she really is always!  She never had long hair anyway so hopefully she'll appreciate it!! ha ha.

I definitely feel for someone going through that.  Luckily I didn't have to have chemo with my breast cancer, I just had a mastectomy and radiation.  And I'm at my 6  year mark after surgery, so all is good.

I honestly don't have many cards saved back because when I make a card, I usually have someone I'm planning to send it to, and I make it a point to mail it very soon after.  I kinda weave thoughts of that person into how I make the card, and the colors I choose and also the images and sentiments.  That's what seems to work best for me.  I have sometimes made up a card following a viewing of someone's videos or tutorials, but they don't seem to come out quite right usually.  That does help me learn the techniques and tricks, but something seems to be missing.  I think that's just how I roll!

Anyway, don't forget to comment below to be added into a drawing to win some love from Unity at the end of my week, which is sadly tomorrow!   As I said, I hope to do something different, but we'll see how the mood strikes me!!  See ya later! And thanks for dropping by my blog.





15 comments:

scw0418@aol.com said...

Hello Terri, another pretty card. Love the unity girls. Wish I had one of each. Too bad we don't live closer, I'm also on oxygen and my crafts are my world. It was nice too meet you this week...Will continue to watch for your posts.

scw0418@aol.com said...

Hello Terri, another pretty card. Love the unity girls. Wish I had one of each. Too bad we don't live closer, I'm also on oxygen and my crafts are my world. It was nice too meet you this week...Will continue to watch for your posts.

windycindy said...

I lost my sister to cancer, a little over a
year ago! Yours was awful and she lost
her hair, and I hope to never experience
a loss to cancer! Glad you are doing well.
I like the simplicity of your card, today...
It is perfect for your friend.
Blessings, Cindi

Dorothy Green said...

Terri thanks for sharing this sweet card and the thoughts that went behind it;I'm sure it will be a real pick-me-up for your friend. I usually have someone in mind when I am making a card too. My daughter lost her hair a couple of times during her treatments for Leukaemia and now she is healthy and almost 7 years post-treatment. Glad you're all clear from cancer! yourself. Blessings!

Martha said...

Beautifil...you do wonderful work! ♡♡♡

Niece said...

Terri, I'm sure the people who receive your cards see that your choices are especially for them. It's a lovely way to do things and this card is beautiful.

sharon g said...

The doily is a perfect addition to your sweet card. I forget to use those sorts of extras.

Adrianne Surian said...

So beautiful!!

Ava Gavloski said...

Lovely color combinations on your card....

Wilma said...

Love Unity girls...and love using doilies too on my cards...looks great

Becca Yahrling said...

Oh, I love Faceless Beauty! She's one of my very favorites to use.
Your card is lovely! You sound a bit like me in how you make cards.
I almost never plan a card, just kinda roll with what happens... lol
Sometimes it works pretty good, sometimes, not so much. lol

Denise S. said...

Beautiful and I am sure that she will love it. Cards from the heart are best.

Tammy P. said...

Another lovely card that will bring cheer to a friend. I've had friends lose their hair to chemo too, so this is a great sentiment to choose. I'm glad you're sharing with us this week.

Melinda Feliciano said...

I might just have to get her. Lovely as usual!

Janis said...

What a pretty card. I love the doily, your coloring, and the sweet thoughts that went into making it for your friend. Congratulations on your 6 years of being cancer-free!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com