Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Well, things have slowed down here finally.
I've been busy making cards, but then the actual sending of them has taken up so much time. And in the middle of all that, I had a baby shower for my son and his girlfriend (expecting that first granddaughter in January!!) and although fun - it was a lot of work. And to top it off, I forgot to take any pictures. DANG.




Just when that was over, we got news that our friend Bucky had passed away. I had to stop and make a couple of sympathy cards for his special ladies (daughter Stacy and wife Gayle), and then we had to drive a few hours to go to the viewing - couldn't stay for the funeral as that was this morning - and our family are all coming here for Christmas, with me cooking the dinner.

I think I've written about Bucky before. He's most recently been battling cancer but he also had a kidney transplant almost 35 years ago. He's strong-armed this cancer for about 18 months when they told him he'd maybe get 12 months. But he's at rest now, God Bless him, and in no more pain. And when chatting with him (or Gayle), always asked how I've been doing since the breast cancer.

So it's been rather hectic.
I came home last night to learn I had won some blog candy at Tickled Pink! Soooo looking forward to that! And getting back into posting. Sorry it's been so long really. Next week I hope to put up a few photo collages of some of what I've worked on. They won't be very good as the actual cards have been mailed off (or in a few cases - sold) so I only have small thumbnail sizes that I keep to show off. but there have been so many that even I am still amazed.

For now, Simply Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my followers, family and friends.

2 comments:

Chrisd said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Hugs from Michigan!

Whimcees said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

BIG HUGS,

BARBARA DIANE